Saturday, July 2, 2011
When I first saw this trailer, I started to roll my eyes, thinking that it would be yet another meager attempt at abusing the good name of Steampunk for yet another Hollywood production. After watching it, I had only one thought… I will see this movie! Though it isn’t strictly Steampunk, as in taking place in the Victorian era (of which I will admit of being a bit of a stickler about), it has a cacophony of Steampunk aspect that grasped my short attention span from the earliest shot, including…
– Firearms that are not only functional (within the movie), but a beauty to behold,
– Very enticing mounted high caliber firearms,
– Swashbuckling heroes (not exactly pirates, but they do charm the ladies),
– An impressive lady assassin, with excellent era style,
– The panache of the classic Three Musketeers,
… but perhaps the *one thing* I have been waiting for in a Steampunk movie… an Airship Battle! Something so obvious, but overlooked so frequently (loved the anchor deployment at 0:52 in the sequence)! Without further ado, I cease prattling so you can get back to watching this future gem – do enjoy!